Fill in the gaps.
1. Hannah: "Our teacher will go to Hamburg tomorrow."
Hannah said that __________________________
2. Sarah: "I was writing a letter yesterday."
Sarah told me that __________________________
3. Tim : "My father flew to Dallas last year."
Tim told me that __________________________
4. Lara : "Hans went to the stadium an hour ago."
Lara said that __________________________
5. Anne : "My mother will celebrate her birthday next weekend."
Anne said that __________________________
Fill in the right words.
1. If you _____ the volume down, the music ______ clearer.
2. This popsong _____ the charts party if they _____ it in a studio.
3. Your biros _____ if you _____ your school bag more carefully.
4. If the boys _____ to bed earlier, they _____ all through the lesson.
5. _____ a private jet if you the money.
Past simple questions
Write the questions for these answers:
1.) My last holiday was in June.
2.) I went to Berlin
3.) I went with my brother
4.) I got there by train
5.) We went up the television tower
6.) I thought it was fantastic.
The present participle of most verbs has the form base+ing and is used in the following ways:
a. as part of the continuous form of a verb
Past Simple Negative Forms
If you would like to make the Past simple negative, you have to use didn´t (did not) + verb.
E.g.: He didn´t live in Germany. (NOT: He didn´t lived.)
Put these verbs in the correct form to make sentences true for you.
1.) I _______ (go) to the zoo last week.
2.) I ________ (watch) TV on saturday.
3.) I _________ (rent) a DVD last night.
4.) I ________ (read) the newspaper this morning.
5.) I _________ (listen) to the radio a few hours ago.
6.) I __________ (play) computer games yesterday.
7.) I ________ (buy) a new t-shirt last week.
8.) I ________ (travel) to America last year.